Xbox360™ Regional Compatibility Guide

Check out some compiled FAQs on anything related to Xbox 360, hardware/software-wise.

Postby BanSama » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 am

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox ... 49-en.html

or

http://forum.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regio ... ity_guide/

May thread nito dati but since I cant seem to find it I created a new sticky for it but since this is just a reference guide I will simply lock it as well to avoid spamming on this sticky
%s XBox Live Avatar
BanSama

Postby whyme » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:52 pm

What's the fuss with region compatibility all about? Read on...

Regional lockout is the programming practice, code, chip, or physical barrier used to prevent the playing of media designed for a device from the country where it is marketed on the version of the same device marketed in another country. from Wikipedia

Basically, regional lockout on games set if this [insert game title here] would work on my Asian (NSTC-J) 360, etc.

For the Xbox 360 Games, we can categorically classify 4 game regions:

1. NTSC
This are the US/Canada region game. Works with US units

2. NTSC-J or Asian
This are game that works with Asian units

3. PAL
This works with EMEA (Europe, Middle East Asia) and ANZ (Australia, New Zealand) units. Remember these regions uses PAL video standard!

4. RF or region free
This is the shtz! Games that work regardless of what region your unit is

Uhm...how do I know the region of my console?

The answer to that my friend is check the labels! It is indicated on the box and packaging manuals/documents if your console is NTSC, NSTC-J or PAL. Also, the country where you got the console is a dead giveaway. Now if you bought your unit here in the good ol' Pinas, again check the labels or ask the store you got it from.

OKAY, okay, so now I know all this stuff, how the hell should I know if this [insert game title here] would work on my friggin US console?

Well that's why we have those links posted up there! Also don't forget to checkout the specific game thread for info about region compability as some members discuss it there. Goodluck and good hunting! :wink:
%s XBox Live Avatar
whyme
zaido green

Postby whyme » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Quoting scytherage for a useful bit of info:

scytherage wrote:Usually region free games are made by the ff:

Capcom
Ubisoft
Activision
Codemasters
Microsoft (though there are few exceptions; check play-asia's region compatibility list or simply google search 'xbox 360 region compatibility')

Usually games from these guys are region locked

EA
Sega
Namco-Bandai (though newer releases have been region free)
%s XBox Live Avatar
whyme
zaido green

Return to Xbox 360 FAQs